Three Death Sentences in One Year

When I was first told I had HIV, the doctors said I was going to die three different times within a year. Nobody knew why I was sick. The doctors ran test after test only to tell me that they didn’t know why I was sick. When they finally discovered I was HIV positive, they didn’t want to treat me. They didn’t even want me in the doctor’s office.

I am a good person and I didn’t like being treated like I was something less than others because I was sick.


I was so depressed that I gave up for a long time. I didn’t want to live if this was all there was left. I am a good person and I didn’t like being treated like I was something less than others because I was sick.

I am so thankful for my family. They stayed right there, encouraging me, telling me to find a doctor and get well. They loved me and stuck with me. Even when I was sick and looked bad they were there for me. I am glad to say I am healthy now, I have a great family, and in a relationship with a great man. The only thing that would make life so much better for me is for a cure to be found. I hope that day comes soon.

-Kim, 11 years

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Thing that Ever Happened To Me

My Miracle

Flashback to 1980