My Miracle

On December 31, 2004 I was blessed with the biggest miracle of my life. It was the night my daughter was born. My life was given more meaning when she came into my life. As life goes on, I make many mistakes, but she has loves me through all of them unconditionally.
I have had thoughts about being alone because no man would want to be with a woman who is living with HIV.


I was put in the hospital in October of 2010 to be told 2 weeks later that I was going to die. I remember lying in the hospital bed with my daughter who was 5 at the time, she told me that I was a strong mommy and I was going to be ok! I know with no doubt in my mind that I am supposed to be her mommy. She was right and now 7 years later I am still fighting HIV and I am much healthier now.

I share that because we all need a fighter or a rock to lean on in our battle. We can be strong and make it on our own, but it isn’t easy every day. There have been plenty of days where I thought about giving up. I have had thoughts about being alone because no man would want to be with a woman who is living with HIV. Then I stop and think how none of the small stuff even amounts to my big picture! I have a daughter who needs me, who counts on me, and most of all LOVES ME with everything that is in her. If I gave up now, it would hurt her more than it would hurt me! I would never be that selfish!!!!

-Kari, 8 years

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Thing that Ever Happened To Me

My Storybook of Life